TagStation enables you to manage song matches between your automation system and the Gracenote music database to ensure you're providing accurate song data for broadcast.
Login to TagStation. Select an entity to arrive at the Songs tab for that entity. The Songs tab (below) is an at-a-glance view of your song library's match statuses.
At the top of the Songs tab is the Songs Overview panel, and below is the Results list. The default view shows the total songs processed by TagStation (All Songs).
Click a status category to display the list of songs within that category in the Results list.
- Matched : User-confirmed auto-matches and manually matched songs.
- Auto-Matched : Songs matched to Gracenote data by TagStation.
- Unmatched : Songs unable to be matched to Gracenote data.
- Customized : Songs that you've customized by editing song data or uploading custom album art.
The content of the Results list depends upon the status filter you have selected, or whether you've entered a search term to narrow the results. The default view shows the total songs processed by TagStation (All Songs).
For every song in the Results list you'll see the song's status icon, title and artist name that TagStation sends back for broadcast. You'll also notice a magnifying glass that reveals album information and artwork when you hover over it with your mouse.
Other columns include time stamps for the last time a song was played and the last date and time the song was added to TagStation, and a column that shows the song's Cut ID as reported by your automation system.
Click any heading in the Results list to sort the column.
When a music event (a song) airs, TagStation receives data about the event: Artist Name, Song Title, CUT ID, duration and Album Title (if available).
The first time TagStation receives data for a music event, it is used to search the Gracenote music database for matching meta-data and artwork (something we call "enhanced content.")
When Gracenote returns matching enhanced content it "matches" this content with the music event received from automation. We call this an auto-matched song () because TagStation has automatically matched enhanced content to the song.
From this point forward, when the auto-matched song airs, TagStation delivers the matching enhanced content to receiving devices.
Confirming or Changing Auto-Matched Songs
If you're happy with the enhanced content matched to a song you can: do nothing, or, Confirm the auto-match is correct.
If you wish to change the enhanced content that has been matched to a song, you can Change the match at any time.
Click on the song in the Results list. Doing so reveals the original song data received from your automation system as well two action buttons: Change Match and a Confirm.
Click Confirm to confirm the match and the song's status will change to Matched () song.
To change the match click the "Change Match" button. Doing so will launch a Search box that enables you to search the Gracenote database for your desired match. Edit the search data if it is inaccurate then click "Search" to return the information available in the Gracenote database.Click on the result you wish to match to your song. Doing so adds the data and changes the song status to Matched ().
To Customize () the enhanced content for any song, click the Customize () button next to the magnifying glass to "Match then Customize."
Use the available song data as your foundation for customization, changing what you'd like and leaving the rest as-is.
Matching Unmatched Songs
The same process described above is used to match Unmatched songs (). Songs are most-commonly "unmatched" because the data being passed to TagStation is not accurate enough to return an auto-match.
Matching your Unmatched Songs is your number on priority. To do so, click the song name to launch the search window, modifying the search terms as needed. Click on the result you wish to match to your song, which adds the data to the song and changes its status to Matched ().
If a match is not available, you'll likely want to customize the song.
Gracenote Search enables you to search the Gracenote database. You may find this feature useful when adding songs to your automation system for the first time. Before entering, search the database for correct spelling of Artist - Title - Album. Doing so will ensure a proper auto-match when the song is eventually played for the first time.
- The Upload Song List function enables you to pre-populate TagStation with your song data, rather than waiting for the data to enter TagStation organically (when it is delivered to TagStation via automation).
- The Upload Single Song function enables you to add a single song. Just add song title, artist and cut ID to upload and match and match the song.
- To delete a song from the TagStation interface, click the song and then click the "delete" icon to the lower left side of the song record.
- To batch delete songs from the TagStation interface, scroll to the bottom of the Songs tab. In the empty field box select the category of songs you wish to delete (unmatched, automatched, matched, customized) - then click "Delete." To further refine the group of songs to delete select an option from the "Last Played" drop down menu.