TagStation's Campaigns tool enables you to create Companion Ads.
A Companion Ad consists of an image, text and at least one call-to action-button.
These visual elements, which we call “enhanced content,” display in sync with the audio of your spot/promo when it airs.
Think of a Companion Ad simply as the visuals that relate to, and accompany, the audio spot/promo.
Companion Ads create a connection between the audio call-to-action and the listeners’ ability to take the action, in real time.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Log-in to TagStation and click the Campaigns Tab at the top of the page. The Manage Campaigns page provides a view of your saved campaigns. In the Campaigns Overview box click a campaign status to filter campaigns by their status.
Campaign statuses include:
- All campaigns: Total number of campaigns available for editing.
- Active campaigns : Campaigns that are within their scheduled window of activity.
- Pending campaigns : Campaigns created ahead of their scheduled start date.
- Expired campaigns : Campaigns that have passed their scheduled end date.
Creating a Campaign
To create a campaign, click "+ New campaign."
- Campaign Name: Give your campaign a recognizable name.
- Advertiser: Enter the name of the advertiser for this campaign
Link Audio Events to your Campaign
In this area you identify the spot(s)/promo(s) that you wish to enhance with your Companion Ad.
Add the CUT ID from your automation system for each non-music event you want linked to this campaign, then click the add icon (+) to add it to the campaign. When these spots or promos air, the Companion Ad you are creating will display to the listener, in sync with your broadcast audio.
If you don’t know CUT ID, click "Browse" to search for the spot/promo by its name.
You can add any number of non-music events to a single Campaign, but a non-music event can be associated with only one active campaign at a time.
Add Schedule (Start & End date) and the basic Broadcast Content
- Enter the start day/time and end day/time for the campaign
- Headline: Add the required headline.
- Text: Add the required sub-text.
- Image: Add an optional image (if no image added, the logo entered in Settings will display).
- The information added thus far can be delivered over HD Radio and via NextRadio.
Campaigns provides a number of optional enhancements for NextRadio. Select the enhancements you wish to configure. These enhancements will be presented as part of the Companion Ad you are creating.
Enables you to direct a listener to a website, call a phone number, or both.
- Website URL: Where would you like to take the listener? Enter the URL here.
- Website Action Text: Enables you to customize the URL button, up to 16 characters. If nothing is entered here, button reads "Visit Website".
- Phone Number: Where would you like the listener to call? Enter the number here.
Enables you to provide location information to the listener.
- Enter a keyword, address or latitude/longitude for the location you wish to map.
- View Map: Enables you to test your work, and see where the map will direct the listener.
Final Steps when Creating a Campaign
- Once your enhancements are configured, choose a primary call to action, which will be highlighted when the enhancement displays.
- When your Campaign details are complete, click the "Preview" button to view your campaign in the NextRadio emulator.
- When you’re satisfied that the details are accurate, click "Create" to create your Campaign.