TagStation's Campaigns tool enables you to create Companion Ads and Cards.
A Companion Ad consists of an image, text and at least one call-to action-button.
These visual elements, which we call “enhanced content,” display in sync with the audio of your spot/promo when it airs.
Think of a Companion Ad simply as the visuals that relate to, and accompany, the audio spot/promo.
Companion Ads create a connection between the audio call-to-action and the listeners’ ability to take the action, in real time.
A Card is different from a Companion Ad. It does not rely on an audio event (a spot/promo) to display.
Think of a Card as a billboard that displays beneath the main content on NextRadio’s Now Playing screen. It can display beneath music events (songs), non-music events (spots/promos/schedule entries), or both.
Cards enable the marketer to extend their campaign message outside the bounds of the audio spot, while capitalizing on the reach and frequency of the audio campaign.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Log-in to TagStation and click the Campaigns Tab at the top of the page. The Manage Campaigns page provides a view of your saved campaigns. In the Campaigns Overview box click a campaign status to filter campaigns by their status.
Campaign statuses include:
- All campaigns: Total number of campaigns available for editing.
- Active campaigns : Campaigns that are within their scheduled window of activity.
- Pending campaigns : Campaigns created ahead of their scheduled start date.
- Expired campaigns : Campaigns that have passed their scheduled end date.
Creating a Campaign
To create a campaign, click "+ New campaign."
- Campaign Name: Give your campaign a recognizable name.
- Advertiser: Enter the name of the advertiser for this campaign
Link Audio Events to your Campaign
In this area you identify the spot(s)/promo(s) that you wish to enhance with your Companion Ad.
Add the CUT ID from your automation system for each spot/NTR event you want linked to this campaign, then click the add icon (+) to add it to the campaign. When these spots or promos air, the Companion Ad you are creating will display to the listener, in sync with your broadcast audio.
If you don’t know CUT ID, click "Browse" to search for the spot/promo by its name.
You can add any number of spots/NTR events to a single Campaign, but a spot/NTR event can be associated with only one active campaign at a time.
Add Schedule (Start & End date) and the basic Broadcast Content
- Enter the start day/time and end day/time for the campaign
- Headline: Add the required headline.
- Text: Add the required sub-text.
- Image: Add an optional image (if no image added, the logo entered in Settings will display).
- The information added thus far can be delivered over HD Radio and via NextRadio.
Campaigns provides a number of optional enhancements for NextRadio, select the enhancements you wish to configure. These enhancements will be presented as part of the Companion Ad and/or Card you are creating.
Enables you to direct a listener to a website, call a phone number, or both.
- Website URL: Where would you like to take the listener? Enter the URL here.
- Website Action Text: Enables you to customize the URL button, up to 16 characters. If nothing is entered here, button reads "Visit Website".
- Phone Number: Where would you like the listener to call? Enter the number here.
Enables you to provide the listener the ability to send a text to the appropriate place, with the appropriate keyword.
- Short Code: Enter your SMS shortcode.
- Keyword: Enter in the appropriate keyword or prompt for your specific purpose.
Enables you to provide location information to the listener.
- Enter a keyword, address or latitude/longitude for the location you wish to map.
- View Map: Enables you to test your work, and see where the map will direct the listener.
Enables you to provide event details to a listener so that they may save the event to their calendar.
- Title: The name if the event. Required.
- Location: Where the event takes place. Required.
- Description: Details about the event. Optional.
- Enter a Start/End date and time. Required.
Enables you to provide a coupon to the listener.
- Type: Select the code type (most typically you'll select QR). Required.
- Code String: Enter the information that should live behind the code you'll display on screen. Required.
- Title: Enter the coupon title. Required.
- Description: Describe the offer. Optional.
- Advertiser logo: Add an image to be displayed with the coupon. Optional.
- Expiration date: The day/time the coupon expires. Optional.
Final Steps when Creating a Campaign
- Once your enhancements are configured, choose a primary call to action, which will be highlighted when the enhancement displays.
- When your Campaign details are complete, click the "Preview" button to view your campaign in the NextRadio emulator.
- When you’re satisfied that the details are accurate, click "Create" to create your Campaign.
- If you are only creating a Companion Ad, your work is done; if you'd like to present these campaign details in the form of a Card, head over HERE.