Now that you know how to create enhanced content for the basic elements of your on-air product, it’s time to learn how you can flex TagStation to create engagement with your station initiatives.
By executing the advanced concepts outlined below you maximize the value of your Now Playing data and move one step closer to TagStation Zen.
To watch an overview on Advanced Content Management (creating companion ads and cards), click HERE.
Step 1: Create Companion Ads
Use the Campaigns tool to create Companion Ads to bring your non-music events to life. Companion Ads display in sync with the audio (of the spot, promo, sweeper, etc that you enhance) - providing users the ability to see your message and act upon its call-to-action.
Anything promoted heavily on-air is a great target for a Companion Ad.
Your goal is to have at least one Companion Ad running at all times.
- Set up: ~10 minutes
- Maintenance: None
- Consider the message of the spot/promo
- Determine the COM ID of the spot/promo(s)
- COM ID is in TagStation if the event has aired at least once
- Gather the visual elements (image, headline, descriptive text)
- Determine an interactive enhancement that aligns w/ the audio call-to-action, gather the info
- Go to TagStation>>Campaigns and use these elements to create your Companion Ad
A note about Companion Ads
Companion Ads gain additional exposure and are easily discovered in the RECENT tab of NextRadio. For other receiving devices, the enhanced content displayed depends upon the tech and receiver.
Step 2: Add Cards
Cards provide an excellent way to increase the visibility of any station initiative. Use them to tout your events and promotions, as well as brands, products or services that sponsor a program or host. Cards display on the Now Playing screen of NextRadio, "behind" your main program content.
Your goal is to have at least one Card displaying beneath your Music, Non-Music and Schedule events at all times.
- Set up: ~1 minute
- Maintenance: None
- Create the campaign (if it does not already exist)
- Go to TagStation>>Settings >>Content>>Card Content
- Attach the Card to your Music + Non-Music events + save
- Go to TagStation>>Schedule
- Click "edit" on the entry(s) in question + navigate to “Configure Cards” at the bottom
- Select the Card you wish to attach to the entry + save
A note about Cards
You can use the Campaigns tool for the sole purpose of displaying enhanced content in the form of a Card.
Step 3: Tweak your Content Settings
Earlier, you may remember that we directed you to do the following in Settings >> Content:
- Music Stations should set “Replacement Content” to Station Schedule
- Talk Stations should set “Replacement Content” to Default Spot/NTR
Replacement Content refers to the enhanced content you would like to display when you air a non-music event (spot, promo, talk bed, sweeper, etc.) that is not part of an active Campaign.
Why these Settings?
Schedule content accounts for the bulk of the visual experience on a Talk station. Using the setting above, Talk stations use their non-music events to break up the near non-stop display of Schedule content and expose the audience to Default Spot/NTR content.
Conversely, Schedule content is sometimes underrepresented on Music stations. Using the setting above, Music stations use their non-music events to expose the audience to Schedule content more frequently.